Industry/ Sector/ Domain
Leading FMCG Company.
Kochi, Kerala, India
Catenon India’s Client: One of the leading FMCG Companies.
- Lead Annual carriage contracts for exports Ex-India and Imports as applicable with shipping lines and with Freight Forwarders. – Including RFQ, Rate Negotiation of Ocean Freight rates and secure allocations as part of annual contract with Shipping lines / Forwarders.
- Negotiate for spot rates with shipping lines / forwarders for non-availability /skip.
- Managing logistics, planning & negotiating with transporters & C&F Agents for cost effective transport solutions & clearances. Appointment of C&F agents, Trailer operators, Container surveyors and Inspection agencies.
- Co-ordination with Production and Planning functions for planning and dispatches of Finished Goods.
- Manage pre and post shipment documentation for exports in SAP and timely delivery of documents to Customers.
- Scheduling shipment plans and updating the same on a weekly basis until arrival of consignments at respective destinations
- Tracking of shipments at all levels and advise the status to Customers until arrival at destinations.
- Support NPD / Projects / Commercials with verification of country regulation requirements Submission of monthly returns to concern authorities.
- Comply with ISO system requirements for Exports.
- Generation of MIS/Performance reports pertaining to Export Logistics. Ocean Freight Rate analysis – Monthly.
- Achieve targeted load ability for containers by optimizing loading pattern / product mix.
- Liaise with external agencies like DGFT, Customs, Central Excise, ECGC, Plant quarantine dept. FSSAI, Export Inspection Agencies, C&F agents, Truck operators, Insurance Company, Shipping Lines etc. for smooth exports / import operations.
- Export Vendor payment process within agreed timelines including Ocean Freight.
- Carry out Customer satisfaction survey reports based on the parameters fixed.
- Evaluate Service suppliers (Shipping lines, C&F Agents, Trailer operators, Inspection Agencies. Legalization of shipping documents for all countries and across all consulates.
- Monitoring of Credit limits available / ECGC coverage for export Billing.
- Experience in leading export function, preferably in FMCG / Foods Industry including liaison with Shipping lines, forwarders.
- Sound knowledge of exports related Compliance & procedures- FTP / Inco terms.
- Experience in using SAP SD Module, EDI and preparing shipping documents.
- Computer proficiency with excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel).
- Good understanding of Ocean Freight price movements and preparation of annual budgets & reporting of logistics related costs.
- 15+ years of experience in similar function.
- Independently Handled Export Logistics.
- Graduate/ Post-graduate in supply chain management/Logistics Management.
Follow us on Linkedin to stay updated on exciting opportunities
Executive Search | Talent Acquisition | Salary Benchmarking | Market Entry Assistance | Interim Management | Talent Intelligence | RPO | Talent Mapping