Industry / Sector / Domain
Our client is a fast-growing start-up dairy products firm backed by marquee investors.
The is a leadership role to drive sales across eastern states of Odisha, West Bengal through an omnichannel distribution strategy.
1. Strategy & Planning
- Responsible for achievement of targets in terms of Sales Volume, Revenue, Profitability on a monthly/quarterly/yearly in line with the Milk Mantra growth targets.
- Guide the sales teams in translation of strategy into sales business plans, price positioning, and go – to market strategies within budgeted costs
- Develop the annual Sales/distribution / promotional plans to deliver budgeted Revenue, Profit, and Brand equity targets for the year (By category & Channel)
- Develop an innovations plan for the JV driven by consumer insights / needs to achieve projected growth
- Establish Customer / Distributors service standards and manage the application through territory management
2. Business Performance
- Develop and manage annual sales budgets, and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets.
- Draw and implement a comprehensive regional sales policy-distribution development plan, category development plan, trade marketing activities to reach the regional targets
- Improve forecasting accuracy by channels and accounts, and therefore ensure inventory holding within its target levels at trade.
- Ensure that debtors are managed within company norms and all trade schemes are in line with company policy
3. Customer Marketing
- Lead to develop appropriate growth activities for categories and brands
- Lead market intelligence on shopper behaviours and retail environments (RE), analyze the data and generate insights
- Lead to ensure the investments of channel & customer to meet the agreed ROI of the company
4. People, Organizational, and Team Development
- Drive a high level of engagement & Organisational Health for Sales teams always keeping the values at the core
- Generate enthusiasm, excitement, and commitment to the vision, business, and targets of the firm
- Build capability of the team at all levels in line with talent management principles
- Drive a high-performance culture within the Sales team
5. People Safety & Food Safety and Quality
- Drive a People / Product Safety mindset within the Sales teams through creating awareness and adherence to Fresh Dairy standards and practices.
- Ensure On-shelf Quality is met as per the standards
- Develop and maintain a business relationship with key contacts with all channels to ensure a cost-efficient business model
- Develop and maintain internal relationships with the MT/GT
- Masters Degree in Business Management or similar discipline from a premier B- School.
- Minimum 15 years in Sales (Preferably in Food & Beverages/ Dairy industry)
- At least 6 years in a Senior Sales management role.
- Understanding of FMCG categories, Brand Marketing & Management, Product Innovation, Consumer Marketing Planning, Business & Fin Analysis, Advertising Development, Trade Understanding, Strategic Planning, Consumer & Shopper Insights.
- Age not beyond 50 years
- Talent who have experience in managing or scaling up with minimum turnover 500-700Cr.
- Should have an understanding of the Odhisa/ East India market.
- Should be fluent in Hindi. Added advantage if the candidate knows the Oriya language.
- Should have a strong mindset of daily targets
- Strong Team Management
Follow us on Linkedin to stay updated on exciting opportunities
Executive Search | Talent Acquisition | Salary Benchmarking | Market Entry Assistance | Interim Management | Talent Intelligence | RPO | Talent Mapping