Industry / Sector / Domain
Information Technology & Services
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Catenon India is looking for a Senior Release Engineer for one of its clients.
- Develop an automated, continuous, build process that reviews the source code, identifies build errors and notifies appropriate parties to expedite/facilitate synchronization to the latest build.
- Improve productivity by designing & developing full-featured build systems; implementing tools and scripts that enable efficient, flexible builds
- Integrate the build system to the bug tracking system (JIRA)
- Develop an efficient deployment process for AWS cloud
- Identify and propagate best practices and processes
- Communicate releases related activities to all the stakeholders and take their feedback to improve the process
- Defining the branching and Merging strategy of versions / baselines across releases
- Writing and Maintaining the Build scripts
- Defining, setting up and maintenance of CI/CD system
- Design and Develop test automation scripts
- Automate unit tests / simulations and ensure submitted software passes the validations
- Hand’s on ability to automate repeated tasks and build test coverage
- Lead a team of offshore release engineers and be hands-on as and when required, especially in the first 6-9 months
- Experience with revision control tools such as Git
- Experience with automated build tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with build release and configuration management practices, including branch-based development and patch/merging oriented work flow
- Strong scripting and automation experience in Python, bash, Ruby or similar language
- Experience in designing and developing test automation scripts
- Experience in Cross-compilation
- Experience in Embedded targets
- Experience in Automating unit tests / simulations
- Experience in implementing Gated submissions (i.e. submitted software must pass unit tests before progressing)
- Proficient in using tools such as SonarQube, SVN, JIRA, Jenkins, Mac Slave configurations, Android/iOS build and deployments
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to build processes from ground level. Ability to coordinate between cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent software releases
- A willingness to take ownership of projects and drive them to completion
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Effective leader with hand’s on approach
- At least 6 years of experience in one of Release Engineering, Test Automation, Dev Ops etc.
- Masters in Computer Science or equivalent vocational experience required.
- Experience in Auto-updating package repositories with build system artifacts
- Experience in Static analysis tools, code metrics, test coverage, etc.
- Experience in Testing using virtual targets hosted on cloud infrastructure (foreign CPUs in particular, i.e. ARM QEMU on x 86 host)
- Experience in Automatic change log/release note creation, including experience with integrating bug tracking and commit messages.
- Experience in building farms, particularly with cross-toolchains
- Experience in Publishing ‘live’ internal documentation from codebase (e.g. using Doxygen) as an artifact of builds.
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages.
Follow us on Linkedin to stay updated on exciting opportunities
Executive Search | Talent Acquisition | Salary Benchmarking | Market Entry Assistance | Interim Management | Talent Intelligence | RPO | Talent Mapping