Industry / Sector / Domain
Our client is a large domestic F&B and Retail conglomerate
Lead the Legal function of one of the entities and provide Legal Functional Leadership to other Group Companies as required
- Develop and lead corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the company’s matters on all existing & potential issues.
- Ability to analyze legal implications of various issues and advise multifarious internal stakeholders and management on it.
- Maintaining proper corporate interactions with the relevant local and state government bodies, legislatures and the community at large.
- Identifying potential legal risks and assessing the issues impacting those risks thereby building a resolution strategy.
- Conceptualizing, developing & implementing highly efficient systems to formulate general management policy & internal governance policies to regularly monitor compliance.
- Responsible for litigation, legal notices, keeping records of all licenses, compliances and all litigation matters.
- Reviewing the progress of outstanding litigation, providing strategic and operational legal guidance on ongoing legal cases, applicable contracts etc.
- Drafting and vetting of various contracts, negotiations, commercial settlement agreements & cross-border Agreements including arbitration matters.
- Preparing, reviewing and modifying legal documents/contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities/functional departments.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports for the legal department for management meetings.
- Ensuring all allegations of legal misconduct are reported in a timely manner to the executive team in an attempt to maintain integrity within the business.
- Liaising with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Support filing of cases & defend cases filed against Company – criminal & civil.
- Handle consumer case notices, recovery, defamation, attend court & liaison with advocates.
- Handle situations in an unstructured set-up; capable of setting up systems & taking it forward.
- A Bachelors/Master’s degree in Law.
- Relevant experience of minimum 20 – 25 years out of which at least 5 years with a law firm of repute and with a proven track record.
- Should have sound knowledge of Legal matters of various Indian Labor Laws, Corporate Law etc.
- Should have hands-on experience in domestic business & not only in an advisory role.
- Familiar with FSSAI, Drug adulteration laws, terms of sales deeds along with an experience in IPR and trademarks preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies with Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation. Should have been working as a Legal Head of a listed Public Limited Company.
Follow us on Linkedin to stay updated on exciting opportunities
Executive Search | Talent Acquisition | Salary Benchmarking | Market Entry Assistance | Interim Management | Talent Intelligence | RPO | Talent Mapping