Industry / Sector / Domain
One of the biggest engineering company involved in energy and environment.
- Lead all executive decisions with regards to the technology interests of the organisation
- This includes building the technology vision of the company (in line with the company vision), enabling innovation, leading critical R&D initiatives.
- Partner with business units (BUs) on new product development, aligning technology resources to business needs, and propagating engineering best practices across the company.
- Influence leadership capability in working with BU leaders
- At least 20 years of experience in engineering and research related roles.
- Deep understanding of the engineering function and of the research and innovation process.
- Competency in the latest product development techniques e.g. Agile Methodologies
- Familiar with research developments in Energy and Environment
- Ability to rapidly create competitive advantage for the enterprise by leveraging intellectual property rights.
- Understanding of the entire product development cycle from research to commercialisation
- Consistently delivered on taking ideas from conceptualisation to prototype and then worked with BUs to commercialise
- Well networked in the global R&D ecosystem and Academic Institutes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage transfer of knowledge and technology
- PhD / Masters in Engineering or Pure Sciences; Specialisation in Materials Sciences, Fluid Dynamics, Plasma Physics or Metallurgy is preferred.
- Preference for an individual who has spent time in a research environment and has also worked on industrial product development and technology transfer.
Follow us on Linkedin to stay updated on exciting opportunities