Industry/ Sector/ Domain
Consumer Goods, Hi-Tech, Semiconductor
The company is one of the leading consumer goods companies headquartered in Denmark. The company carries a strong and iconic brand platform which is entering into the digital age. The company not only offers an opportunity to work on a very special mission, but it also presents exciting challenges working in a collaborative environment alongside talented and highly driven colleagues.
About The Role
This role is instrumental in positioning the company in the digital era. It is centrally positioned in the transformational journey to reposition the product technology approach. We truly believe that being at the forefront of the convergence between the physical world and its digital evolution is the dream of every builder-engineer. This role provides an opportunity for folks with engineering and commercial affinity to extend their consumer electronics expertise in an industry sector with a special focus.
SCOUTING OF THIRD-PARTY MARKET TECHNOLOGIES
- Define a global strategy to establish scouting capabilities meeting the identified technology needs of the company’s strategic plan and manage co-development strategies with these identified partners in cooperation with the internal front design team
- Secure access to Software & System houses, Silicon designs, ISVs, FAEs, and the full eco system of key component suppliers
- Understand the complications of IP ownership and contracting, T&C s in these contracts
- Report the proposals regularly into the company’s Technology Leadership Team
STRATEGIC SOURCING TEAM (SST)
- Manage together with Development Leader the strategic sourcing teams (tandem procurement – technology staff) for identified limited number of key components
- Define the supplier selection strategy, the related component supplier roadmap strategies with each of the teams for final validation to the company’s SST Steer Co team
- Lead global contract negotiation covering all aspects (technical, capacity, commercial) with the selected suppliers. Offer the contracts for deployments (and use) in the novelty projects via Statement of Works
- Support and Manage Global Category Plan by contracting/negotiation processes, tracking performance & drive improvement plans, risk migration and supplier management strategy
- Work hand-in-hand with the Procurement Director EMS to make jointly strategic decisions for the company over the full value chain (how to sustain access to the critical component suppliers after transfer to the EMS factories)
- Be the bridging function between the SSTs and the category teams closer to the EMS factories
- Lead RFQ (request for quotation) process, hereby using digital procurement tools
- Drive the Purchasing Pricing Variance and Project for Productivity programs for all key component clusters (including budgeting)
- Bring the Sustainability Ambition into the key component sourcing domain (scouting, SST, commodity)
PROJECT PROCUREMENT LEADERS (PPL)
- Assign some of the SST or commodity team members as the exclusive project procurement lead (PPL) to the novelty projects and manage this PPL in his/her project work
- Have the PPL to act as Single Point of Contact between the broader procurement community and the novelty project (TPM).
- The PPL monitors all third party risks in the project development to secure the product launch. This by securing capacity at agreed upon cost, quality and lead-time parameters.
- The PPL with internal stakeholders domain expertise support, to translate the project requirements in terms of capacity, costing (Capex and FMC), quality (with tolerances) and lead time into project specific mutual signed SoW s with the external parties
- Represent procurement in gates and milestone meetings.
- Budgeting the Component NRE and CAPEX/OPEX for novelty projects and manage the cost within budget set.
- Own and manage resilience streams hereby managing the dependency of the overall company revenue from the key component suppliers
- Drive stakeholder management which is, due to its criticality in the company’s Digital System Play, on high level
- Ensure strong collaboration with the innovation teams and product technology teams which are based dispersed and globally.
- Own and drive the regular business review meetings on different level of representation
Play Ground Leader
- Manage a global and multicultural team with respect for Diversity and Inclusion and attention for capabilities development
- Apply specific company playground leadership concepts where openness is nurtured via campfires and curiosity/bravery is stimulated via regular Play
Qualifications & Requirements
- 15 or more years of work experience in capacity of product manager, commercial key account manager in industries like Silicon, Module Design (connectivity modules, MCUs etc.) or Procurement Engineering
- Negotiation Skills in areas beyond costing e.g. patent & royalty negotiations, joint development agreements, road-mapping negotiations, software and cloud/edge based maintenance contracts, and other agreements
- Understanding system houses and contracting specifics of system houses (IP and governance related)
- Experienced with front end scouting via International Procurement Expertise Centre (internal or external)
- Having good understanding of capacity development in supply base
- Strong negotiation, communication, influencing and analytical skills with ability to develop & manage supplier and stakeholder relationships on global and senior level
- As People Leader being able to develop global teams from different diversity and seniority level
- Strong strategic & analytical thinking abilities
- Solution and results orientation with proven ability to deliver
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Degree in Electronics, System Designs or Software
Follow us on Linkedin to stay updated on exciting opportunities
Executive Search | Talent Acquisition | Salary Benchmarking | Market Entry Assistance | Interim Management | Talent Intelligence | RPO | Talent Mapping