Industry / Sector / Domain
An MNC into Building management services
- Contributes to the legal department’s and company’s objectives by ensuring legal and compliance risks are adequately reviewed, mitigated and monitored
- Review of tender documentation and associated contracts; draft and negotiate appropriate amendments to all tenders, contracts and agreements
- Draft standard provisions for high-risk contractual terms (e.g. indemnity, limitation of liability, insurance, termination etc.) and where necessary assist with the review and approval of management in accordance with company rules
- Respond to ad hoc requests for advice from the business on contractual and other legal matters.
- Liaise with insurance broker, and obtain sign-off, as required to ensure that the insurance and indemnity provisions are acceptable
- Provide regular legal training to sales staff to ensure awareness and understanding of policies and procedures regarding contracting and risk and compliance
- Provide regular training to project managers and operational staff to ensure awareness, understanding and implementation of policies and best practice procedures in relation to the administration and management of contracts.
- Preparation for Board Meeting (Notice, Detailed Agenda and Minutes)
- Preparation for Annual General Meeting (Notice, Detailed Agenda and Minutes)
- Preparation of Directors’ Report & annual return and filling of annual report & annual return in ROC & follow up on the implementation of resolutions decided in the meetings.
- Maintaining all Statutory Registers, Minutes Book, ROC Charge file
- Secretarial Record, All Bank Files, Agreements Files, Licenses
- 4 to 6 years of post-qualification experience as a lawyer with solid legal background and company secretary.
- Prior experience working in-house with a large multinational organisation, ideally in field services and/or construction will be looked upon favourably.
- Experience dealing with Singapore and Thailand businesses will be an added attribute.
- Be able to handle CS role independently for non listed entities and at the same time contribute to legal department work (contract review, managing litigations etc).
- Secretarial and legal profile will be given equal weightage
Follow us on Linkedin to stay updated on exciting opportunities
Executive Search | Talent Acquisition | Salary Benchmarking | Market Entry Assistance | Interim Management | Talent Intelligence | RPO | Talent Mapping