Industry / Sector / Domain
A global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve people’s lives.
- Organize and facilitate sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, story pointing sessions, release planning and retrospectives.
- Work with the manager, product owners and cross-functional team members to groom the backlog, ensuring that the PBIs contain acceptance criteria and are sized appropriately.
- Assist the managers and other team with the delivery of the iteration review and project release planning.
- Ensure the team delivers fully tested, working software that meets the business need.
- Assist the team with making appropriate sprint commitments through and task decomposition.
- Identify and address cross-project dependencies and risks with the team and stakeholders.
- Assist the team by identifying and removing impediments that interfere with the team’s goals.
- Research and apply Agile techniques to stabilize or improve team velocity.
- Hold the team accountable to their commitments including their definition of done, working agreement, commitments for improvement and force the team to have the hard conversations when necessary.
- Ensure the implementation of resolutions identified in retrospective meetings.
- Foster communication and proactively resolve conflicts within the team and, if needed, escalate appropriately.
- 13+ years of experience and overall 6 years of software project management experience preferably in an agile environment of which 5 years of experience having worked as a Scrum master
- Knowledge and experience in Agile engineering techniques and best practices: ATDD, TDD, continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Pair Programming, Automated Testing, Feature based release etc.
- Aware of what is happening in the vicinity, in order to understand how information, events, and one’s own actions will influence goals and objectives, both immediately and in the near future. You are the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and address them, elevating to management as necessary. You generally have an innate “feel” for situations, people, and events that play out due to variables that can be controlled.
- Must have design and development experience – C/C++/Java preferably Unix/Linux
- Must have hands-on experience in implementing Agile delivery process in projects and helping project to transform to the same. Good to have skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation etc.
- Act as the team coach and have an overall positive attitude in order to motivate your team and others.
- Create an environment of team spirit and enthusiasm around what is being delivered.
- Understand the value of the Agile Manifesto and the 12 Agile Principles in order to guide the team, and be the voice of reason, authority, and make the tough calls.
- Understand the areas of the system your team is responsible for in order to make informed decisions, lead the team, and teach others.
- Understand software development practices in order to make informed decisions, facilitate conversations, lead the team, and teach others.
- Understand the value of a project or department process and its importance to the business in order to perform your job well and teach others.
- Employ discretion when handling more sensitive team information that may be shared with you.
- Build rapport with team members and other colleagues throughout the organization to enhance team trust.
- Willing to leave your comfort zone and trust your knowledge, experience, and intuition by recommending and moving forward in decision making with the team.
Follow us on Linkedin to stay updated on exciting opportunities
Executive Search | Talent Acquisition | Salary Benchmarking | Market Entry Assistance | Interim Management | Talent Intelligence | RPO | Talent Mapping