Industry / Sector / Domain
One of the leading integrated logistics and transportation companies of India
- Technical design and development of large core platform architectural and functional components.
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes and contribute to DevOps development activities and complex development tasks
- Develop a library of deployable and documented cloud design patterns for Viewics SaaS portfolio, as a basis for deploying services to the cloud
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the “why,” and articulate several options, he pros and cons for each, and a recommendation
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services.
- Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for platform.
- Own and run technology stack evaluation and proof of concepts for UI, mobile, platform, storage, system integration, reporting, analytics, big data, IoT, etc.
- Collaborate with stake holders on application deployment architecture and sizing for best product stability, performance, security, reliability, and supportability on cloud
- Own software code vault, lead platform technical design and code reviews for core platform components
- Collaborate with QA on functional, performance, and security testing
- Lead and resolve critical customer escalations on architectural and technical issues
- Train and mentor engineers
- Bachelor degree in informatics, life-sciences or equivalent work experience is required.
- 13+ years of software development experience with multi-tenant enterprise SaaS applications built on scalable technical stack, SQL, and big data technologies (preferably with strong data visualization and analytics products).
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability).
- Experience in architecting, developing Micro services architecture with hand-on experience.
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate, Java, J2EE, Rabbit MQ, REST, Tomcat technologies.
- Experience, seasoned professional and self-starter and need ability to translate customer/business challenges and problems into tangible solutions.
- Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them.
- Proactively takes on challenges with a fresh perspective and open mind, with goal to provide continuous improvement of platform and processes.
- Demonstrates creativity, innovation and out-of-the-box thinking in crafting solutions addressing business requirements, with near and long-term lenses.
- Master-level experience and in-depth knowledge of Java platform with any one or more of: JBoss, WebLogic, Websphere application servers.
- Experience and knowledge of developing enterprise applications with i18n, l10n, and accessibility support.
- Preferred AWS certified architect and hands on AWS related technologies
- Proven track record of troubleshooting and fixing performance, scalability, and reliability issues (memory issues, multi-threading, CPU spikes, virtualization, etc.) in Linux/Unix or Windows environment.
- Experience with troubleshooting and fixing database performance issues, and SQL tuning.
- Experience and knowledge of secure coding best practices (such as OWASP).
- Knowledge on BI tools and ETL.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment.
- Ability to work with globally distributed and multi-cultural teams.
- Develop good development practices to ensure high quality deliverable.
- Coach and develop development team members to ensure continuous improvement.
- Monitor and assist developers in following established software development processes, policies, best practices and expectations around coding and testing standards.
- Take a hands-on approach in day-to-day development activities of team members including planning of regular progress update meetings, design and code reviews and project reporting for team members.
Follow us on Linkedin to stay updated on exciting opportunities