Industry / Sector / Domain
Information Technology and Services
California, United States
We are looking for a Global Business Head for the Hi-Tech Industry, to lead the entire Industry practice for the company responsible for – overall strategy, organic and inorganic growth and development of the industry practice and will be the face of company for the industry.
- Vertical strategies, investments and capability building
- Scaling of Existing Business engagements
- Drive New Business Initiatives and acquire new scalable accounts
- Recommend and lead M&A opportunities, including integration of the acquired companies
- Act as Chief Relationship Officer (CRO) for the Industry, engaging with customer Executive Leadership across the business portfolio
- Be an Industry Thought Leader, building companies brand through participation in Industry Events & Conferences, conceptualize Digital Marketing / Marketing Initiatives including – point of view articles, blogs, publications
- Hire coach, mentor and develop Business Leaders in the Vertical to achieve aspirational objectives in line with our business plan, thus enabling the individual’s career and building organization leadership strength and pipeline.
- Enhance companies position as the Trusted Thinking Partner of Choice for customers in the Industry space developing and promoting Innovative transformational solutions
- Lead HiTech Industry P&L covering the existing strategic business engagements and organic and inorganic new business development initiatives
- Oversee Current Strategic Business Engagement P&L thus reviewing the individual accounts’ strategy, growth, Investments and returns
- Involve in (lead/support) Big Deal Sales Campaigns (Strategy, Solution, Commercials, Negotiations, Closure, Start-Up Engagement Plan Review and progress and learnings) thus supporting /guiding Strategic Account Leaders (Strategic Client Partners / Client Partners)
- Enable New Business Development initiatives including marketing campaigns towards landing new business with companies targeted “Must Have Accounts”, and acquiring new customers.
- Senior level relationships with existing accounts. Interact with senior leaders in existing and new customers on how company is delivering on its brand promise, enhancing its position as Trusted Thinking Partner
- Build and establish relationships with senior level influencers & decision makers across the industry and engineering community, leveraging current professional relationships, existing company relationships, and creating a wide network of clients and partners.
- Assist in recruiting, mentoring and development of Strategic Client Partners (SCPs), New Business Development and other key Vertical Leaders in the art and process of profitably scaling accounts, large business deals, securing strategic wins and building and development of strong empowered teams and leaders.
- Lead Branding within the HI Tech vertical at industry events and other networking vehicles, attend trade shows, conferences, industry associations and present white papers as required. Be the company spokesperson for the industry.
- Drive overall Industry Strategy including setting the five year vision for the Hi Tech industry, leading the development/ implementation of the overall industry level strategic plan, recommend capital allocation, as well as consolidating/ monitoring execution of outcomes from strategic account planning (StrAP). Support strategic marketing initiatives for the industry.
- Lead the Industry Council at company to share best practices and explore cross-selling opportunities.
- Crisis Leader for the industry, stepping in to support SCPs wherever required including temporarily taking on the role & responsibilities of SCPs who have moved out of the role.
- Determine Services strategies and Investment priorities for the industry including technology investments, technical leader requirements and potential acquisition targets.
- Support M&A pursuit by recommending acquisition targets in the sector, assisting in due diligence and supporting integration of acquired entities.
- Develop Pricing strategies to achieve the objectives of company and our customers, including leading long term agreement and pricing negotiations and closure with strategic customers within the industry.
- Understand companies value proposition and differentiators. Collaborate with leadership to enhance these from the perspective of current and future clients.
- Flexibility and leadership to take on other special projects as assigned.
- Experience required is 23+ years.
- The individual will have significant experience and a strong understanding of the Hi Tech Industry and the needs for Engineering and Digital Solutions and Services in these industry segments.
- She/he must have an exceptional track record of Business Development skills spanning all phases of the Sales cycle including experience in Business & Industry Strategy, Solution Development & Selling, New Business Development, identification of Acquisition Targets.
- She/he must be a self-starter, reasonably well known in the Industry with senior level relationships with multiple target customers, have experience in negotiating and influencing.
- In this role, the person will work effectively with companies Executive Management, Virtual Business Units (VBUs), Delivery organization, Technology and Corporate Development functions.
- Deep domain knowledge of the HIT industry, with knowledge of products & lifecycle, Engineering, operations, Quality and Supply Chain and services processes, major OEMs, major engineering services suppliers, external drivers and funding.
- Well versed with the emerging trends in the sector
- Proven ability to grow businesses profitably
- Proven ability in building trusted and strategic customer relationships ∙ Strong commercial skills and experience including new business development, negotiating, selling process, pricing, costing, discount structures, terms and conditions, sales strategy development, execution and sales proposal development.
- Experience in authoring complex proposals; experienced in negotiating master service contracts and long term agreements.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills, both verbal and written and ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Results driven, high energy, self-motivated, persistent and able to work independently ∙ Decisive, analytical, strategic thinker.
- Understanding of relevant/adjacent technologies and competitor’s services. ∙ Ability to simultaneously manage people and prioritize multiple requests even without direct reporting.
- Experience in leading and winning large business deals within engineering service industry is ideal.
- Significant overnight domestic and international travel will be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering. Master’s degree/MBA – preferred
- Formal training/experience in leadership, business management, negotiations and strategic selling
Personality Traits Desired
- Leadership and Executive Presence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial and Aspirational mindset
- Global mindset
- Team player
- Change Leader
Follow us on Linkedin to stay updated on exciting opportunities
Executive Search | Talent Acquisition | Salary Benchmarking | Market Entry Assistance | Interim Management | Talent Intelligence | RPO | Talent Mapping