Industry / Sector / Domain
Greenville, SC or Schenectady, NY (East or Central time zone location flexible)
Catenon India’s client: Product engineering and IT services company
- The Strategic Client Partner (SCP) will head the Virtual Business Unit (VBU) for the largest Power P&L at company and bring a focused approach towards addressing this portfolio’s customer needs and strategies.
- The initial focus will be on enhancing the partnership with a key customers in Power segment, and then entering and scaling adjacent Power businesses.
- The SCP will work closely with the Energy Vertical Global Business Head, CEO and senior leadership of company, and is responsible for leading and growing the overall world-wide relationship.
- The SCP leads a team of Engagement Managers and is responsible for the business unit’s revenue and profitability. This Power P&L partnership has significant global growth potential.
The individual must be familiar with Power P&L Customer’s products and services, as well as having relationships with Customer engineering executives responsible for the various business units. We are looking for someone who can identify customer pain points, demonstrate ability in creating long term customer solutions and bring long-term trusted relationships, maturity, scalability and sustainability to the VBU. An individual with strong Solution/partnership mindset/capability, Customer Relationship Development, General Management and P&L management experience will be successful in this role.
Other skills and qualifications include:
- Deep domain knowledge of the Power OEM industry, with knowledge of products & lifecycle, engineering & manufacturing processes, major engineering services suppliers, external drivers and funding.
- Direct experience in at least one of: Gas Power Systems, Renewables Power Systems (On & Offshore Wind), & Electric Utility Grid Solutions.
- Strong relationships with customer senior and mid-level technical managers.
- Engineering knowledge and complete product life-cycle knowledge including:
- Product development for Client business units and products, especially in Wind and/ or Gas Turbine Mechanical or System design, and also Control Systems
- Engineering processes including design, manufacturing, analysis, aftermarket, quality, fielded product support (both software & hardware) – Software and digital tool development experience/knowledge not required, but a plus
- Relevant emerging technologies that are impacting the energy landscape and add value to overcoming the customers’ business challenges (i.e. digital solutions, new technology, decarbonization priorities)
- Challenges related to cost, delivery, schedule, or support
- Client internal funding process including timing, influencers and approvals – Outsourcing processes, funding, upcoming changes and leadership – Existing major outsourcing suppliers including respective SWOT assessment
- Strong commercial skills and experience including selling process, negotiating, pricing, costing, discount structures, terms and conditions, sales strategy development, execution and sales proposal development.
- Experience in authoring complex proposals; experienced in negotiating master service contracts and long term agreements.
- Proven ability to create annual and multi-year strategies, and to execute for profitable, sustainable business growth.
- Experience with sales and account management and in developing strategic plans. Understanding of relevant/adjacent technologies and competitor’s services. Experience working with global remote team/offshore delivery model environment. Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written and ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Results driven, high energy, self-motivated, persistent and able to work independently. Decisive, analytical, strategic thinker.
Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering. Master’s degree/MBA – preferred, but not required · Formal training/experience in negotiations and strategic selling is a plus
Personality traits desired
- Aspirational, Humble, Hungry
- Leadership and executive presence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and energy
- Global mindset
- Team player
- Change Leader
Follow us on Linkedin to stay updated on exciting opportunities
Executive Search | Talent Acquisition | Salary Benchmarking | Market Entry Assistance | Interim Management | Talent Intelligence | RPO | Talent Mapping